In this page i will provide some great cycling books or kindle books to read and enrich your skills and knowledge about cycling!
Cycling Training For Beginners
In this book you will learn about:
- Cycling Starting Out(what
cycling clothes to wear,what you have to check before you ride your
- What Kind Of Bike Is Best For
- How To Eat Right And Lose Some
- Strength Exercises For Cyclists
- Bike Handling Skills
- And much, much
The Climb: The Autobiography
Taking a double Yellow Jersey was a staggering achievement. This memoir shows just how remarkable it was, given the uphill struggle Froome faced. Growing up in Kenya, biking down mile after mile of dusty road, and staying in a humble tin hut, he developed a fierce passion and determination to win.
The road to Europe was long, gruelling and filled with setbacks – but it prepared him for teamwork as a domestique and then the leap to leader of Team Sky and a shot at winning the Tour de France. In The Climb, written with the renowned investigative reporter David Walsh, he vividly recounts the struggles, the rivalries, the battles, the comebacks. Finally he traces his path to triumph and his mission to help clean up cycling.
Inspiring and exhilarating, it will leave you ready to face your own challenges in life, whatever they may be.
Fast After 50: How to Race Strong for the Rest of Your Life
Fast After 50 presents guidelines for high-intensity workouts, focused strength training, recovery, crosstraining, and nutrition for high performance:
- How the body’s response to training changes with age, how to adapt your training plan, and how to avoid overtraining
- How to shed body fat and regain muscle density
- How to create a progressive plan for training, rest, recovery, and competition
- Workout guidelines, field tests, and intensity measurement
In Fast After 50, Joe Friel shows athletes that age is just a number—and race results are the only numbers that count.
The Cyclist’s Training Bible
Coach Joe Friel is the most trusted name in endurance sports coaching, and his Cyclist’s Training Bible is the most comprehensive and reliable training resource ever written for cyclists. This new edition of the bestselling book includes all of the latest advances in training and technology. Using this book, cyclists can create a comprehensive, self-coached training plan that is both scientifically proven and shaped around their personal goals.
Friel empowers athletes with every detail they need to consider when planning a season, lining up a week of workouts, or preparing to race. This fourth edition includes extensive revisions on the specifics of how to train and what to eat. Friel explains how cyclists can:
- best gauge intensity with power meters and other new training technology to maximize form and fitness and reduce fatigue;
- more knowledgeably and accurately make changes to their annual training plan over the course of a season;
- dramatically build muscular endurance with strength training;
- improve body composition and recovery with smarter nutrition.
Shut Up, Legs! My Wild Ride On and Off the Bike
Beloved German cyclist Jens Voigt isn’t a superstar in the traditional sense of the word. Although he won three stages of the Tour De France–and wore the yellow jersey twice–Voigt never claimed an overall victory. He became a star because he embodies qualities that go beyond winning and losing: sacrifice, selflessness, reliability, and devotion. European and American crowds were drawn to his aggressive riding style, outgoing nature, and refreshing realness.
Voigt adopted a tireless work ethic that he carried throughout his career. In Shut Up, Legs! (a legendary Jensism), Voigt reflects upon his childhood in East Germany, juggling life as a professional cyclist and a father of six, and how he remained competitive without doping. Shut Up, Legs! offers a rare glimpse inside his heart and mind.